School Calendar
February  2018
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun
   
  1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28  

postheadericon School History

The school was founded originally in 1878 by the Holy Faith Order and  remains a Catholic Primary School. It was originally a co-educational school with boys attending up to first class. Boys last attended in 1979.

Margaret Aylward was the founder of the Holy Faith Sisters. Margaret’s founding vision for Holy Faith schools was that they would be inclusive of all social classes. It was to be a top quality school, a school of faith in the most holistic way, giving the children a sense of hope and purpose in life. The school was named after St. Brigid. St. Brigid’s feast day is February 1st., traditionally the first day of Spring in Ireland.

Over the years the school grew and expanded until the late 1960’s and early 1970’s when growing numbers called for yet another new building.

In 2000 the trusteeship of St. Brigids was transferred from the Holy Faith Sisters to the Archdiocese of Dublin.

The story of our remarkable school continues into this new millennium!

Recent Posts